2 oz vodka
2 oz orange juice
3 oz Santa’s Secret tea, chilled (available from Tea Sparrow
¾ oz lemon juice
3 tsp sugar
1. Brew 2 tbsp of Santa’s Secret tea in 1 cup of boiling water for 5 mins, and then set aside to cool.
2. Pour the ingredients into a cocktail shaker with ice. Shake well.
3. Strain into 2 chilled cocktail glasses.
Note: Keep the left over tea cool in the fridge until you are ready to make the second round. Serves 2.
Courtesy of Tea Sparrow.
GREEN TEA HOLIDAY PUNCH
750 mL bottle dark rum
750 mL bottle dry red wine
3 cups Cherry Rose Green tea (available from Tea Sparrow)
1 lb superfine sugar
1 large orange, for juice
1 lemon, for juice
1 BBQ lighter
1. Brew the Cherry Rose Green Tea by adding 3 cups of not-quite boiling water to 6 tablespoons of tea. Brew for about 4 minutes, then set to the side and allow to cool.
2. Heat the wine and chilled green tea with lemon and orange juices in a saucepan or chafing dish. Do not allow mixture to boil.
3. One heated, transfer the mixture into a heatproof punch bowl.
4. Place as much sugar as possible into a large ladle, and any excess sugar into the punch bowl.
5. While holding the ladle over top of the punch bowl, saturate the sugar with dark rum.
6. Ignite the rum and sugar mixture sitting in the ladle with the BBQ lighter, and then pour while still aflame into the punch bowl.
7. Stir well and extinguish the flames.
8. Pour the remainder of the rum into the punch. Stir well.
Note: This is the perfect drink for a holiday party, as the recipe makes 27 servings. Also, because there’s fire involved, don’t start making this one if you’re already drunk. It won’t end well.
Courtesy of Tea Sparrow. "Enjoy the recipes responsibly and happy sipping, Michael Menashy, Tea Sparrow Family"