The holidays are the most wonderful time of the year for retailers. For consumers, not so much. Let’s be honest, it can be a goddamn battlefield out there. But must we subject ourselves to this torture year after year? No! Let 2016 be the year that you take charge of your holiday shopping and get it done–NOW. Here’s why:
1. Avoid the lineups. The ratio of time spent shopping to time spent waiting in line increases exponentially the deeper into December you go. Imagine being able to get in and out in no time. That time is now.
2. It’s not freezing cold outside and a million degrees inside the stores just yet. Sweat-free shopping, yes please.
3. Most places also aren’t playing Christmas music on repeat just yet. I mean, I love me some carols but there’s a limit people!
4. No matter how much you try to budget, the holidays get expensive and quick. Between all the events and parties and new outfits for said events and parties and drinks and food and merriment, shit adds up. Buying gifts now means you will (hopefully) have enough money for all this stuff next month.
5. Which means you (might) potentially start 2017 off without a ton of holiday debt.
6. You also have plenty of time to make any necessary returns or exchanges.
7. And if you’re a genius online shopper, you will have time for shipping delays and won’t have to pay for rush orders on last minute items.
8. Stores haven’t already sold out of everything. What’s more frustrating than going to get that perfect gift for someone, only to find out that it apparently was a perfect gift for many other someones and you got beat to the punch? Then you need to think of a plan B! There’s no time for plan B! But shop now and you’ll have time for plan B, C and D.
9. There are lots of great sales on already. There tends to be a shopping lull between summer/back-to-school and the holidays so stores are trying to get rid of everything they haven’t sold yet to make room for the holiday wave. Take advantage!
10. Actually enjoy the spirit of the season. Rather than succumbing to the stress of shopping, you can bask in the warm glow that the holidays inevitably bring, knowing that all your purchases are accounted for. You will have all that free time to spend with friends and family, which is what it’s really all about! Happy shopping!