Sexy is a matter of attitude and at the risk of sounding like an afterschool special – CONFIDENCE, is sexy. But of course, you can’t just wear confidence out of the house, so here are five great tips for dressing sexy without being skanky.
1) Dress up one part of your body at a time: Focus on your favorite feature of your body and emphasize it! If you want to flaunt that cleavage wear a v-neck top! Have long legs? Strut in a mini skirt! But to avoid going into skanky style, focus on one asset at a time.
2) Fancy footwear: Wearing a great pair of heels (that you can walk in) always give a great boost of confidence and look very sexy. A pair of stiletto heels make any woman feel instantly sexier. Heels change the way you carry yourself, your posture, your strut and your legs will look oh so great. But if you have difficulty walking in stilettos, a wedge heel is also a great option. To stay away from skanky territory- pair your heels with something more classic and again, focus on one asset at a time.
3) From the inside out: Wear something sexy for yourself. A great bra and tummy tuck tights always make me feel super sleek in that little black dress. Aside from utility lingerie- lacy and luxe lingerie in satin, lace and silk can also make a world of difference, and help you feel sexy in your own skin.
4) Comfort: There is something very hot about a woman who is comfortable in classic- everyday basics. Jeans and a white t-shirt can be as sexy as a short mini-skirt. You can style it up with belts, accessories, and that perfect shade of red lipstick. Effortless, comfortable and approachable.
5) Don’t reveal too much: Again going back to rule #1… remember never to reveal too much. If you’re wearing a tight dress that hugs all your curves, try to make sure that you’re not flaunting your cleavage along with it. And of course, if you’re showing off your legs, keep your top covered and vice versa. Try to keep some things to the imagination.