Thanks to Pinterest and the beautiful inspiration from StyleMePretty.com every couple with basic photoshop skills and a printer can create their own wedding invites. Here are some great sites that are worth checking out if you want to do-it-yourself:
1) Find a Design: Look for inspiration! What type of invite are you looking for? Are you classic- cursive, lace, scalloped edges? Are you modern with block text and chevron details? Find the aesthetic you want to recreate. There is no shortage of inspiration on Pinterest!
2) Find a Font: A wedding invite is all about the font. There is something so romantic about cursive and a san serif text is modern and cool. Depending on your flavor, there are tons of free font galleries you can browse to find your signature style. Here are a few sites worth checking out via Pinterest and Snippet & Ink.
3) Find a Template: If you're not interested in designing your own invitiation on Photoshop, you can also find really great pre-made invites that you can purchase and customize online. Printable press and Em papers both have a great selection – starting at only $29 for a template and can be downloaded and printed at home.
4) Find Stationary: There are many great places to find paper, card stock, and envelopes – Michaels, Paper Source etc. You can customize colors, textures and all sorts of fancy edges to customize to your heart's desire. Oh and did you know you can even line your envelopes with different paper? Feel free to be creative with colors, but for the best at home printing quality paper, look for something 100% cotton and make sure you buy extra paper. There will be some mess-ups, we can guarantee that.
5) Printing: I know that printing your own invites can be overwhelming but it can be done at home… really. Here is a great printing tutorial that you can check out. But if you don't have your own ink jet printer, there is also the option of bringing your own paper to your local Staples which can help you professional print your designs on your selected paper for a small fee.
Now, feel free to get crafty and add your special touch to your invite. Go ahead embelish, add glitter, lace, and make your invites and wedding exactly as you dreamed it.