It’s the morning after, and like most mornings after, things got a little awkward in the harsh light of day on the season finale of Bachelor in Paradise.
1. Lace and Grant (#grace) woke up with some uncertainty, saying that even though they got matching tattoos (ugh), Grant wasn’t sure marriage was the logical next step. Lace cried (shocker), and they parted ways feeling confused.
2. Nick and Jen looked like they were on the fast track to marriage (BUT WE KNOW BETTER). Neil Lane even asked Nick if this was the last time he was going to see him (probably not, sorry Neil).
3. Amanda and Josh were still all adorable and gross, but Josh was starting to realize that omg Amanda HAS KIDS and that he’s not sure how that’s going to work in the real world (because he won’t be the centre of attention).
4. Evan walked up to Neil Lane like he owned the damn place (Playa Escondida). When Carly walked up to him on the beach, Evan cried as Carly weirdly seemed like she actually loved him (okay, fine, maybe it’s real). Evan gave a speech only Evan could give (“I feel like my heart beats to your soul”) and then proposed (“Will you friggin marry me?”) and she said yes.
5. Team Grace had probably the most genuine of proposals, where both Lace and Grant professed their heartfelt love for one another, in spite of all their issues and confusion. It was actually pretty cute.
6. It seemed like we were on a roll until Jen got to the beach with Nick standing there. She said a bunch of wonderful things and then Nick started man-crying like nobody’s business (like there was a lot of snot and sobbing). She probably thought he was just nervous about proposing, but he couldn’t even bring himself to say the l-word. Ugh.
7. And last but certainly not least, Josh and Amanda. She poured her heart out and in his least genuine voice ever (so his regular voice), he said “thanks so much, that was so sweet.” He feigned some tears (or maybe he didn’t; we’ll never know), but still popped this question and even gave us some moans for the final roses. Also, his shirt was super-sweaty. Good luck, Amanda!