Good skin comes from disciplined skincare, healthy eating, drinking water and good nutrition! Therefore, making sure your skin gets the right nutrients that keep your hormonal fluctuations…well, more level, are a big part in keeping your skin clear and beautiful.
While the best way to get nutrients and keep your body and skin healthy and clear is to eat a balanced diet of fresh fruits and vegetables, you can also take vitamins and supplements to equip your body to give you the beauty results you want. Here are five vitamins that can help promote clear skin and the ways you can implement them into your daily routine.
1) Vitamin A: Vitamin A helps the body fight infections and regulates the immune system. It also helps your body create more white blood cells, which helps your body bust bacteria that can cause acne. Carrots, broccoli, sweet potatoes, and eggs all have a high level of Vitamin A.
2) Vitamin E: This is a very popular Vitamin in skincare products and is often paired with more drying acne treatments such as Benzoyl Peroxide. Vitamin E is usually a great oil-free hydrating solution for acne prone skin. Vitamin E is an antioxidant and also helps with diminishing scarring and works very well when paired with Vitamin A.
3) Flax: Flaxseed oil can help clear up your skin, but doesn’t work for everyone. Flaxseed oil helps reduce inflamation and helps promote digestion and eases stress. These are all properties that help promote overall health and ultimately taking care of your body from the inside out. Ensure that you take flax with lots and lots of water.
4) Zinc: Zinc helps regulate your body’s hormonal balance and helps repair damaged tissues and heal wounds. Zinc is useful applied topically as well as taken in a pill form as it assists in reducing the amount of natural oil produced by the skin and also healing scars.
5) Vitamin D: The ‘sunshine’ Vitamin helps reduce redness and swelling of acne, boosts the immune system and lowers cortisone (stress).
Also, don’t forget to eat a healthy and balanced diet full of fresh fruits and vegetables to nourish your body with the vitamins and nutrients it requires. Integrating an over-the-counter daily multivitamin with minerals is a great way to boost your intake if you are unable to properly balance your diet or to supplement when needed. Last but not least, always sleep and drink lots of water! Your skin will be luminous in no time!