The youngest Jenner has been giving some serious lip service as of late and it has a lot to do with that plumped out pout. We tested out two lip plumpers to see which one gives us those luscious lips that would make even Kylie proud of, no injections required.
The contenders: Soap & Glory Sexy Mother Pucker Lip Plumping Gloss ($15, murale.ca) and Too Faced Lip Injection Extreme ($39, sephora.ca)
The control: Applied to clean, dry, recently scrubbed lips, without anything else on then with a day in between each product.
Soap & Glory Sexy Mother Pucker
- Tingly immediately after application
- Actually super hydrating and long-lasting”only had to reapply once or twice throughout the day
- Visibly filled out lips (a bit”don’t expect dramatic results)
- Reasonable price for the value of the product
- A little on the thick side (though I think this is why it lasted so long)
- Got a little tacky, but stayed put
- The full feeling didn’t last
Too Faced Lip Injection Extreme
- Got that instant tingly sensation that you look for in a lip plumper
- Went on smooth (at first)
- Lips looked a little bit fuller and smoothed out after application
- After a few minutes, had a sticky, tacky feeling (that reminded me of why I don’t like lip gloss)
- Left lips feeling dry and cracked
- That full feeling didn’t last
- High price point
While the jury is still out on whether these lip plumpers are worth the extra cash at all, if you’re looking for a quick fix or something to put under your lip colour, go for the Soap & Glory Sexy Mother Pucker. At a purse-friendly price, it’s worth it to give it a shot, though if you’re looking for a seriously pouted pucker, you might have to check out more extreme options.