Whether you’re heading to a sunny locale to escape the frigid winter temps or are just planning ahead for some summer weekend getaways, we’ve rounded up seven beauty travel essentials. Bonus: each of these beauty picks is under the max 100ml of liquid, so you can pop each of these into your carry-on and jet-set away without a care in the world and won’t break the bank (or your travel budget either). Just don’t forget to pack your sunscreen!
1. What could you possibly need more while you’re sunning yourself by the beach and pool than a good waterproof mascara? The Wet N’ Wild MegaProtein Waterproof Mascara nourishes and plumps up lashes without running the risk of some unsightly black lines running down your face after a dip in the sea. Bonus: the drugstore winner is a serious purse-happy purchase. $3, available at mass drugstores nationwide
2. Whether you need to quickly freshen up at the airport or had too many margaritas and couldn’t wash off your makeup from the night before, the new Burt’s Bees Peach & Willow Bark Exfoliating Facial Cleansing Towelettes are your saving grace. These gentle cleansing wipes, with hydrating willow bark and exfoliating peach extract, will take off all that makeup (even your waterproof mascara) and will leave your face feeling fresh and clean. $10, available at mass drugstores nationwide
3. After you’ve spent the day splashing around in the water, your hair is probably in need of some TLC. Herbal Essences Moroccan Me A Miracle 7 in 1 Serum hydrates, reduces frizz (necessary for some of those extra hot vacation spots) and even helps detangle for those days you spent wave-crashing at the expense of your luscious locks. $5, available at mass drugstores nationwide
4. Whether you want to enhance your natural glow or are just faking it until you make it, the Hard Candy Sheer Glow All the Way Soft Glow Illuminator offers a light, translucent formula that gives you that ethereal glow-from-the-inside-out finish. Use this on your face and body for an all-over glow that gives just the right amount of shimmer. $10, available at Walmart
5. From the plane ride to sunning yourself all day, your skin is probably in need of some hydration. Philosophy’s Renewed Hope in a Jar quenches thirsty skin and now has an innovative new skin renewal technology, without sacrificing everything we love about this cult favourite beauty product. Prepare to have soft, smooth and supple skin. $59, available at Sephora
6. As you get ready for a night out on vacation, you’re going to want a soft scent to add to your tan. And while we don’t recommend anything too sweet or saccharine for a tropical climate, the Maison Martin Margiela Replica Beach Walk scent is light, fresh and feminine (and will pair well with your vacation backdrop). Now available in the handy rollerball format, you can pop this perfect summer fragrance in your purse for an on-the-go touch-up. $30, available at Sephora
7. Give yourself a burst of colour that will go perfect with your sun-kissed skin with this spring- and summer-ready palette. The Lise Watier Palette Expressions Eyeshadows has five tropical hues to help you get into the sunny mood and with the smooth, easy-to-apply formula, you’ll be able to mix and match and dance all night without it budging. $42, available at LiseWatier.com