Think your guy may be cheating on you? Maybe you won’t find lipstick on his collar or panties in his glove compartment”but in our electronic age, there are new ways to spot the signs. Hopefully your man hasn’t gone all Tiger Woods on you and you won’t uncover a string of mistresses, but you can usually trust your instincts.
If you’re starting to have suspicions that your man might not be true, check out these warning signs:
- He’s always texting. If he’s on his Blackberry constantly, sending messages and sometimes even leaving the room to respond to a text, be suspicious. There may be a reason he’s so anxious to hear from someone.
- He leaves the room to take a phone call. If he won’t talk openly in front of you while taking a phone call, something is up. Other warning signs: he lowers his voice so you can’t hear what he’s saying, or he answers the phone with simply I’ll call you back, and then hangs up. If he gets fussy about you even touching his phone, there are probably numbers or texts he doesn’t want you to see.
- He’s dropping cash on new clothes or a new car. If your man is suddenly spiffing up for no good reason”there’s no high school reunion or best friend’s wedding looming”you’d be smart to wonder why. If he’s suddenly looking a lot more stylish and well-groomed, find out why.
- He’s started hitting the gym. He’s making himself look good for someone, but is it you? If you notice that your main squeeze is looking buffer than usual, pay attention.
- You start getting mysterious phone calls with hang ups. If you answer his land line or cell phone and the caller simply hangs up, be wary. Try calling the number back, but later on, when you might get an answering machine that identifies the caller. (Did you catch the news clip about Tiger Woods leaving one of his mistresses a message asking her to take her name off her voicemail message?)
- He carries multiple cell phones. Does he have a new phone you’ve never seen? Worse, does it have a number you don’t have? This is a big warning sign that he could be cheating. Unless he has some top-secret government job, there’s no reason he should have a phone number you can’t call.
- He’s out of the house more then usual. Whether it’s working late, going out with his friends or other excuses, if you are noticing that he’s absent more frequently, it could be a sign. If his reasons are vague and not easily checked, he may have found someone new.
So pay attention, ladies! And if any of these signs sound familiar, talk to your man openly and honestly about what is going on in his life. Just don’t use a golf club to do it.