Written by Piper Kerman about her year in prison, Orange is the New Black is more than Netflick’s latest hit show; it’s also one of the season’s hottest shades.
From coral to tangerine and carrot, we spotted the beauty trend at Rag & Bone, Prabal Gurung and Christian Sirano.
We say skip the jumpsuit, and see our must-have beauty products in this vibrant shade.
1. essie’s Tart Deco, $9.99 at Shoppers Drug Mart – To match her S/S14 collection, Rebecca Minkoff polished models’ nails with Mexican-inspired “Day of the Dead” designs over a Tart Deco base.
2. NARS Single Eyeshadow in Persia, $28 at Sephora stores and www.narscosmetics.ca – Line eyes or shade brows using NARS’ multi-purpose eye shadow in this highly pigmented burnt orange hue with an ultra-matte finish.
3. Maybelline New York ColourSensational The Vivids in Electric Orange, $9.99 at drugstores across Canada – It was a tropical twist at DKNY, where models’ pouts were painted with Maybelline’s Colour Sensation Vivids Lipstick in Electric Orange and Neon Red.
4. Kiehl’s Orange Flower & Lychee Skin-Softening Body Cleanser, $28 for a 250mL bottle at Kiehl’s stores – Lather in the super-fruit with Kiehl’s refreshing body cleanser infused with an exotic blend of Moroccan Orange Flower and a fruity-floral Lychee.
5. Esté©e Lauder’s Modern Muse fragrance, $90 ($50ml) at Esté©e Lauder counters across Canada and esteelauder.ca – It’s an orange crush with Modern Muse’s tempting Exotic Mandarin notes mixed with Fresh Lily and Tuberose Fleur.
6. Mâˆ™Aâˆ™C Cosmetics Pro Longwear Lip Pencil in What a Blast, $23 at www.maccosmetics.com – Bright times are ahead at DSquared where Mâˆ™Aâˆ™C artists created fresh retro 50s looks for models like Lindsey Wixon by applying a saturated orange to lips.
7. Stila Mango Crush Lip & Cheek Stain, $32 at select Shoppers Drug Mart and Murale stores across Canada – For a cool look use this hot citrus-inspired lip and cheek stain to create a personalized fresh flush.
8. Kevin Murphy Colour Bug, $20 at professional salons and spas across Canada – Take a cue from model Charlotte Free and add temporary pastel highlights to your mane.