Actress Emma Stone looked like an absolute dream at this year’s BFI London Film Festival. Wearing a pale metallic gown by Louis Vuitton, she rocked a statement vampy lip and the Star Kissed Celestial Bridal Headband by Erica Elizabeth ($536) in her relaxed waves. To highlight Stone’s fresh cut, celebrity hairstylist Mara Roszak (who cut her hair) decided to take inspiration from the actress’ new film The Favorite — which is already getting Oscar-buzz — and decided to give Stone’s waves a regal and modern twist: High-shine with shimmer.
To get the look, scroll through Roszak’s seven essential steps.
- Prime damp hair with a hair oil. In this step, Roszak used the Joico Color Therapy Restorative Oil ($22) on Stone’s colour-treated hair. But of course, use a styling oil that is best suited for your hair type.
- Blow dry and brush the hair with a medium boar bristle brush to evenly distribute the oil to ensure hair is as smooth as possible.
- Part the hair into even sections. With a 1.25” curling barrel, create “S” shape waves with each piece and gently move the barrel up and down to create soft curls. Once all the curls have set and cooled down, brush out curls with a metal brush to create gentle waves.
- To give hair that modern shimmery finish, apply the Joico Rose Gold Temporary Shimmer Spray ($10) all through the hair.
- This step is totally optional, but if you’ve got a headpiece now’s the time to put it in.
- Set style and spray the hair the with Joico Flip Turn ($19).
- To lock down flyaways, take the tip-point of a rat tail comb and dip it into the JoiGel Firm ($15) and gently spot apply the gel onto loose strands to clean and finish the look.