Every once in a while, it’s nice to try out a new hairstyle. No, we’re not suggesting you go drastically chop off your long locks for the fall “ there’s an easier way to score a perfect look. Lots of cute fall styles are coming out and being tried by women everywhere.
We’ve compiled a list of four top hairstyles you must try for fall: the pony bun, the coiled chignon, deep sweeping locks and windblown bohemian waves. Don’t be fooled by the exotic and mysterious names “ anyone can try these styles!
The pony bun
This fantastic twist on the boring and old ponytail is a classic mixture that’s 50% bun and 50% ponytail. Here’s how to do the prep work:
1. Start by washing your hair and blow drying it, leaving it a little bit damp. Pull your strands into six equal parts and braid your hair.
2. The next morning, undo the braids and lightly tease your hair at the crown for added height.
3. Gather your hair into a loose ponytail at the base of your neck.
4. Loosely twist your ponytail and wrap it around the top half of the elastic to create a bun.
5. Gently tug out a few small sections from the bun to make it look a tad messy and undone.
6. Finally, tease the base of the ponytail with your fingers to give the overall look a roughed-up texture.
The coiled chignon
It sounds intimidating, but this is a modern twist on the classic bun, and anyone can try it.
1. Brush all your hair back into a ponytail at the nape of your neck.
2. Split the ponytail into two equal parts, and throw one half of your hair over your shoulder.
3. With half of the ponytail, twist it into two separate sections.
4. Now you have two twisted sections and one half of your ponytail over your shoulder. Take the two twisted sections, and twist them together. Then tie the twist into a separate ponytail itself.
5. Repeat with the other section of your ponytail. Now you should have two separate twisted mini ponytails.
6. Twist those two sections into a bun, bobby pin into place.
Deep sweeping locks
Tousled hair is all the rage this fall. Follow these quick and easy steps and you can join in on the style fun.
1. Your hair needs to be clean and dry to start the process. Mist on a texturizing spray to give your hair a messy look and the added bonus of a matte texture.
2. Choose which way you want to part your hair. Now lightly tease the hair on that side of your head. This will make it easier to keep a barrette in place to add a touch of glam to your look.
3. Sweep the front of your hair across your forehead to the side you teased.
4. Gather your hair and hold it in place with a fashionable barrette and you’re done!
Windblown bohemian waves
This look really never goes out of style. Here’s how you can create it yourself:
1. Start off with damp hair. You’ll want about a golf ball-size amount of wave-enhancing foam. Work the foam into your damp hair and blow-dry upside down for added volume.
2. Flip your hair back up and part your hair down the middle of your head.
3. Take two random two-inch sections of hair and wrap them around a curling iron.
4. Hold each section of hair for a few seconds, then release.
5. Take two one-inch sections of hair from the front of your hairline and secure them together at the back of your crown with as many bobby pins as needed.