I am a firm believer in moderation!
Chocolate, coffee, and chips are ok, if you don’t go overboard. Right? Ok, maybe not entirely. While lots of delicious tasting foods are full of fat and calories, there are some that are worse than others. So I did some research and here are 5 foods that you should and need to eliminate from your diet. These foods can cause lots of harm to your body.
- Pop/Soda: Coca Cola, Sprite, Pepsi, all types of pop are horrible for your body. It can harm your teeth, cause obesity, depression, diabetes, increase your risk of heart attack, weaken your bones, cause you to gain weight, and much much more! Diet Coke, regular coke, there is nothing in here that is good for your body and can cause problems in your liver, and lead to heart problems.
- White bread: White bread has minimal nutritional value and is converted into sugar by your body. Even though I wouldn’t recommend a carb-free diet, look for healthier alternatives with a low glycemic index (less sugar), or buckwheat bread, barley bread, and stonemill sprouted grain bread, which all have a low glycemic index.
- Sugar: Cutting sugar out from your diet entirely, is definitely a tricky endeavor. Sugar is hidden in everything! Avoid high fructose corn syrup, white sugar and you will notice your engery levels evening out! If you want something sweet, don’t turn to articficial sweeteners (they’re also quite harmful and full of chemicals), eat seasonal fruits! Strawberries, blueberries, apples, pears, are all good substitutes.
- Canned Tomatoes: Canned tomatoes contain harmful chemical BPA which the tomatoes absorb. Additionally, canned tomatoes are often preserved in a mixture of sugar and salt, truly a trifecta of harmful ingredients. Stick to fresh tomatoes and make your own sauce.
- Table Salt: We all know that too much sodium is harmful, and table salt is no exception. Table salt is a refined product that has no nutrients in it. Swap it for sea-salt and use in moderation.