Who hasn’t had a bad day? A frustrating moment? Or perhaps ten. Maybe everything seems to be unhinging and fast and respite seems like a far off dream. It’s not. In fact, we’ve compiled a list of things to be happy about¦right now.
1. And with the arrival of spring, comes gardening. Trees blooming, flowers sprouting. A reminder of how things tend to follow a certain order.
2. Your first cup of coffee in the morning.
3. A crisp newspaper that hasn’t been read as of yet.
4. A good news story.
5. Giving a compliment and noticing you might have made someone else’s day.
6. Working hard.
7. An unexpected success or break you might have been waiting for.
8. Meeting someone new and getting to know them, their stories and who they are.
9. A great conversation with a friend.
10. A bright sunny day and having enough time to get out for a walk to enjoy it.
11. Finding a $20 bill in your pocket.
12. Mail! The good kind, as in an old fashion letter.
13. Festivals in the city.
14. A free Saturday afternoon with no plans.
15. The feeling you get after a really good workout.
16. Starting a good book
17. Finding a new recipe and mastering it.
18. An unexpected phone call.
19. A random roadtrip.
20. Spring arrives in days and warmer temperatures mean the city comes back to life. That first handful of really warm days is worth celebrating.