Got that nagging feeling that something’s just not right with Mr. Right? It’s always important to pay attention to your gut, but if you need something a little more concrete to go by, keep your eyes open for one of these signs that your guy’s been unfaithful:
1. He’s spending more time alone on his computer. You don’t have to read his emails to get a whiff of online infidelity, just look for signs that he’s covering his tracks, like a constantly empty history or signed-out email account (if he didn’t already do this before).
2. He gets territorial about his phone. Again, no actual snooping is necessary, but he shouldn’t be jumping out of his skin if you pick it up to make a call or reach to answer it.
3. His best friend starts avoiding your eye. If he knows something you don’t, he may be feeling guilty on your man’s behalf.
4. He starts paying newfound attention to his grooming habits. Since when does he wear cologne on weekdays or care about his abs? A new lover may be behind his new look.
5. He starts showering you with presents for no reason. Guilt can do strange things to people, and he may think that showing obvious signs of affection will divert your attention.
6. Your sex life takes a sudden turn. It’s either non-existent or he’s come to bed with an arsenal of new moves now that he thinks he’s a big stud.
7. He’s carrying condoms but you don’t normally use them together.
8. He’s starting fights. If it seems like he’s initiating blow-outs out of the blue, he might be trying to justify his own behaviour or looking for an excuse to storm out of the house.
9. You’re no longer privy to complaints about his job or other problems in his life. If he’s suddenly close-mouthed, he could be unloading his issues on someone else.
10. It’s the oldest one in the book, but sudden work schedule changes or frequent business trips are just too obvious to be ignored. If something’s happening, he’ll need some kind of excuse to account for the time spent with someone else, and this one is the easiest fallback.
Note: None of these signs in isolation is equal proof that your guy’s been up to no good, but they should be considered carefully along with his other behaviour.