Here are some easy recipe ideas that are as healthy as they are tasty, use individually or try them all together!
For the seafood lover with a barbecue grill, try this quick meal:
Skewered Shrimp Ingredients:
- 1 pound Large Shrimp (peeled and deveined)
- 2 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tbsp Chili Powder
- ¼ tsp Cayenne Pepper
- ½ tsp Salt
First, soak skewers in water and heat the barbecue up to a medium temperature. Combine the oil, chili powder, cayenne pepper and salt in a bowl, add the shrimp, and then toss to coat. Place the shrimp on the soaked skewers and set on the grill. Turn once after approximately two minutes and serve immediately.
Try this meal with this sweet summer salad and dressing recipe:
Strawberry and Spinach Summer Salad Ingredients
- 2 Tbsp Sesame Seeds (Option: Roast Them!)
- 1 Tbsp Poppy Seeds
- ¼ Cup White Sugar or Splenda
- ½ Cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- ¼ Cup Distilled White Vinegar (Option: Balsamic Vinegar)
- ¼ tsp Paprika
- ¼ tsp Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 Tbsp Minced Onion (Option: Red Onion)
- 10 oz Fresh Spinach
- 1 Quart Strawberries (Option: You can also add Blueberries and Banana!)
- ¼ Cup Almonds (Blanched and Slivered)
Blend the sesame seeds, poppy seeds, sugar, oil, vinegar, paprika, worcestershire sauce, and onion. Cover and chill for one hour. Wash the spinach and tear into bite sized pieces. Clean, hull and slice the strawberries (and the bananas if you choose to add them). In a large bowl, combine the spinach, strawberries and almonds. After the dressing is chilled to a thicker consistency, top the salad and serve.
For a sweet and delicious drink, test out this flavourful smoothie that is as close to a liquid raspberry cordial as you can get!
Raspberry Cordial Smoothie Ingredients:
- 2 Cups Frozen Raspberries
- ½ Cup Greek Style Plain Yogurt
- 1/3 Banana
- 2 tsp Raw Cacao Nibs
- 1 tsp Honey
- 1/8 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
- 4 Ice Cubes
Blend all ingredients until smooth. These easy recipes are sure to delight any guests at your next barbecue. Try them out, and make sure you share the recipes when asked!