Rebecca Restrepo, Elizabeth Arden’s Global Makeup Artist, has made a name for herself as a beautiful, modern makeup artist for top-tier editorials and A-list celebrities like Gwyneth Paltrow, Nikki Reed, Amy Adams, Kelly Ripa, Brooklyn Decker, and Brooke Shields. We were lucky enough to get an exclusive scoop on how to achieve 1920s makeup! All you will need to achieve this look is Elizabeth Arden's:
- Beautiful Color Smoky Eyes Pencil in Smoky Black
- Beautiful Color Eye Shadow Duo in Black Tie
- Beautiful Color Brow Shaper and Liner
- Beautiful Color Lash Enhancing Mascara
- Ceramide Ultra Lipstick in Rouge
- PREVAGE Anti-Aging Daily Serum
- Ceramide Capsules Daily Youth Restoring Serum
- Flawless Finish Sponge-On Cream Makeup
- PREVAGE Clinical Lash + Brow Enhancing Serum
Follow these simple steps to achieve a sexy 1920's look!
1. To incorporate the 1920s smoky eye into an everyday look I recommend using a soft, medium shade along the lid and bottom lashes, my favorite is the Beautiful Color Eye Shadow Single in Truffle. Then, add a line of Beautiful Color Smoky Eyes Pencil in Gunmetal along the lash lines. Finish the look with black mascara such as the Beautiful Color Lash Enhancing Mascara.
2. To pump a smoky eye up for night, I like to add a rich shade along the edge of the eye on top and bottom. Bold shades like the Beautiful Color Eye Shadow Singles in Sparkling Sable or Shimmering Emerald are very on-trend.
3. One of my favorite looks from this era is a rich red lip, it’s dramatic and expressive. All shades of red work for both day and night, but if you pair it with a stronger eye, I suggest using a lip tint like the Eight Hour Lip Protectant Stick Sheer Tint Sunscreen SPF 15 in Berry or hydrating gloss such as Beautiful Color Luminous Lip Gloss in Red Door Red.
4. Porcelain skin was a popular look in the 1920s. For a modern take on this trend, I like Flawless Finish Sponge-On Cream Makeup. Its micronized diamonds diffuse light, giving the appearance of flawless skin with a more natural finish. The best way to apply a creamier foundation is to start at the center of the face and work outwards. This way, a woman can be certain she can covered any imperfections to achieve a flawless, porcelain finish.
5. Brows were as big a trend in the 1920s as they are today; however, the look is very different now. In the 20's brows were thin and arched down, which can be aging. Now the trend is a naturally full and well-groomed brow, the softer look creates a more youthful balance to the face. To achieve this brow look and fuller lashes I swear by PREVAGE Clinical Lash + Brow Serum, Beautiful Color Lash Enhancing Mascara and Beautiful Color Brow Shaper and Eye Liner