It was game on at Alexander Wang, Balenciaga and Marc Jacobs runway shows at fashion week. For Spring/Summer 2014, the sporting life was in full-effect with classic varsity seperates, sneakers and jerseys. Yes, come spring and summer we'll be lacing up our runners and throwing on sweats.
Behold the athletic trend, and lace up to bring your sporty side to life.
1. Canadian retailer Eluxe.ca kicked into fashion high gear for their sweats and tees collaboration with blogging sensation Song of Style’s Aimee Song.
“Do Epic Chic” crew-neck sweatshirt, $75 at www.eluxe.ca
2. We’re calling it; these leather track pants are all you need to reach MVP status.
424 Fifth, $299 at Hudson's Bay stores nationwide and thebay.com
3. Pair them with a flirty floral dress or boyfriend jeans, but any way you wear them, New Balance’s 373 Trainers are a sure touchdown.
New Balance 420 Women’s Classics, $89.95 at New Balance stores across Canada
4. We think borrowing from the boys has never looked so chic with Roots’ Awards Jackets.
Roots’ Awards Jackets, $398 at Roots stores and online and Roots.com
5. Up your style game wearing sporty chic joggers from H&M.
$39.95 at H&M stores and online at www.hm.com
6. Score big with the Forever 21 X NBA Collection, a game-winning line of NBA-inspired tank dresses, shorts, and relaxed tank tops.
Brooklyn Nets tank top, $16.80 at select Forever 21 stores and canada.forever21.com
7. Run don’t walk for a pair of these wedge sneakers! Isabel Marant’s shoes bring serious A-game style to any outfit.
Isabel Marant Betty Leather Sneakers, $750 at Jonathan & Olivia
8. It’s game time with ToyWatch’s 1980s-inspired yellow plasteramic watch piece.
ToyWatch Fluo Small Yellow watch, $145 at www.toy-watch.com