Relationships are all about being open and honest. Or are they? There are just some things you should never, ever tell your boyfriend or husband”and your mother probably won’t tell you what they are. So we will “ here are the top five things you should never, under any circumstances, tell your man:
1. How many sexual partners you’ve had. Trust us, he does not need to know this information. Here’s why: if you’ve only had a few sexual partners, he might wonder if you’ll be tempted to stray later on in the relationship. If the number is too high”and who knows what that arbitrary number might be (no, don’t ask him!)”he might think you’re loose (to use a kind word). So just don’t tell him. If he asks, just smile mysteriously and answer something like Enough to know how fantastic you are!
2. Anything about your ex-boyfriend or ex-husband. If he asks for details, say as little as possible. Never volunteer any information about an ex”it can only lead to feelings of inadequacy, suspicion, and a host of other feelings, none of them good. Don’t talk about where your ex worked, the restaurants he liked to go to”even his name, if you can help it. Keep the past in the past.
3. How hot his best friend, brother or (God forbid!) dad is. Unless you’ve got the hots for a celebrity that you’ll never meet in real life, keep your crushes a secret. Otherwise, he’ll become suspicious of anything you say or do around the person”and it’s not fair to either of you to cause that kind of havoc in your relationship. As far as your man is concerned, he’s the hottest guy you know.
4. Anything negative about his sexual prowess. This goes for size, technique or endurance. It will haunt you forever. Do not criticize his manhood in any way”he’ll never forget it, even if he never brings it up again.
5. That you feel like you settled for him. Hopefully you would never mention this to your boyfriend or husband, but during a fight, you could be tempted to blurt this out. Don’t. Even if it’s not true, it will lead, eventually, to the disintegration of your relationship. And if it is true, maybe you need to think about finding someone you’re really into. But in the meantime, you don’t need to communicate this hurtful information. You’re better than that!