Valentine’s Day is just around the corner and if you’re planning on spending it with a special guy, you’re going to want to make sure you have all of the beauty essential for your big date. From your sky-high lashes to your pink pout and alluring scent, he won’t need an excuse to wonder what else you’re wearing (or not wearing for that matter…). Here are our beauty picks for your Valentine’s Day date!
1. How on earth are you going to bat those lashes at your man without the right mascara? The latest offering from Maybelline is the impressively voluminous Maybelline Lash Sensational Mascara, which brings your lashes from lacklustre to lust-worthy in just a couple quick swipes. The experts on bat-worthy lashes, when Maybelline launches a new mascara, you listen, you buy and you love. $10, available at mass drugstores nationwide
2. Intoxicating, provocative and oh-so-alluring. Calvin Klein Reveal has become a staple for any date night. The raw salt accord (reminding us of that post-love glow) paired with orris and sandalwood provide a light but ultra-sexy fragrance that will guarantee he won’t be able to keep his hands off you. $85, The Bay
3. Need a pre-date flush before he makes you blush? The Make Up For Ever Fifty Shades of Grey Desire Me Cheeky Blush Trio offers three rosy hues, including a coral peach, a true pink and muted rose that you can blend together or use solo to get that perfect blush shade for you. Complete with a blush brush to achieve your look, this will become a beauty bag staple, long after your date is done. Oh and if you’re headed to the flick for your date, make sure to bring home some inspiration. $56, sephora.ca
4. Because you can’t go on a Valentine’s Day date without a pink lipstick (perish the thought!). The CoverGirl LipPerfection Lipcolor in Enchantress Blush from the new Bloom collection has the right amount of hydration so your pucker doesn’t dry out and the right shade to last throughout the night (until you start smooching and then you’re on your own—but you probably won’t care by then anyway). $tk, available at mass drugstores nationwide
5. After dinner is the after party… so set the mood with a sensual scent that even suggests fun times are ahead. The Saje Wellness Tantra Natural Fragrance has notes like patchouli, orange, lavender, vanilla and sandalwood for an alluring aphrodisiac-like finish and its all-natural makeup means you can apply liberally in all the appropriate places (don’t forget your neck!). $30, saje.ca
6. If you need something to set the mood before or after the date, Canadian-bred brand Escents Aromatherapy has the perfect product: the Fizzy Floral Heart Bath Bomb has rose, jasmine, orange and patchouli on one side and rosewood and lavender on the other side to help you and your beau unwind in the bath and then some. You can thank us later. $5, escents.ca
[Photo credit: Maybelline Backstage]