Pastels and spring go hand-in-hand. And while this trend may not necessarily be a new one, it is one that we always welcome with open arms. The soft, delicate and feminine look of pastel hues are always welcome in our wardrobes—both fashion and beauty.
1. Make the fresh blooms adorning your space jealous of your nail colour with the Deborah Lippmann Nail Color in Tip Toe Through the Tulips. A happy pale peach that rivals even some of the prettiest shades in nature, you'll make this hue a staple in your spring polish rotation. $20, murale.ca
2. Great when you just want a hint of colour, the new MAC Patentpolish Lip Pencils go one smooth like the brand's signature lipsticks, but delivers a little less coverage (though more than you would get with a gloss without the stickiness). The creamy texture will have you boasting at least one of the 12 gorgeous shades well past the season. MAC Patentpolish Lip Pencil in Patentpink, $24, maccosmetics.com
3. Play with colour, especially on your eyes this spring season. And new hues don't have to mean breaking your beauty budget. Joe Fresh Eye and Lip Palette in Riviera Sky has the perfect blend of pastel shades that will help you create a variety of colour combinations and even has a bright lippy to help you top off your look. $12, available at Joe Fresh
4. Give your cheeks a bit of shimmer and illumination with the Guerlain Mé©té©orites Pearls in Clair. It'll highlight your features and provide just a hint of colour with a grogeous glow that'll leave people wondering what your secret to great skin is. $68, available at Guerlain counters
5. We're always eagerly awaiting the latest launches from the cult following brand that is Essie. So when they launched their spring collection with four pastel shades and two brights, it was really hard to narrow down which shade we were going to rock first. A personal favourite from their new lineup is Fashion Playground, a light minty shade that has just a hint of shimmer—a quintessential spring shade. $tk, available at Shoppers Drug Mart