Dry, dull winter skin is the worst. Cure flakey, itchy and red skin caused by the dry heaters in your office building and the cold outdoors with these 5 tried and true moisturizers!
1) Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion: This cult classic has just relaunched with a new formula. This one claims to strengthen skin’s own moisture barrier by 54%. I recently picked up a small sample of this and have noticed that it still absorbs quickly and is super light-weight on my face, but I didn’t notice that it was ‘more moisturizing’ then it’s predecessor on my dry skin. I would definitely recommend this as a great winter moisturizer for people with combination to oily skin.
2) First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Cream: This cream is a sensitive skin gal’s best friend. It has no scent, chemicals, colorants, or parabens, and is moisturizingly luxurious for your skin. Using only natural ingredients- shea butter, oatmeal, and eucalyptus oil it really gives your skin that much needed barrier and cell repair.
3) Cetaphil Moisturizing Cream or Lotion: Another no-fuss moisturizer for sensitive and dry skin is the moisturizing cream or lotion from Cetaphil. I always reach for the Cetaphil moisturizing cream for my body and use immediately after the shower for best results – as it helps form a moisturizing barrier with your skin and makes it easy and quick to absorb. I also love the moisturizing lotion for my face in the winter, but a tiny pinky nail amount is enough for your whole face, it’s super duper moisturizing.
4) La Roche Posay Toleraine Ultra: Have a bad case of winter rosacea or wind burned skin? Toleraine Ultra is the perfect product in these desperate times. It really helps calm red and irritated skin. It helps banish dry skin and even out skin-tone too!
5) Johnson & Johnson Baby: Say goodbye to scaly and flakey legs! Johnson & Johnson Baby Oil Gel (Shea & Cocoa Butter) is one of my favorites. This is what I reach for when I want my legs and body to be as smooth as a baby’s bottom. I like to use a small pea size amount while in the shower for best effect and to lock in the moisture. You won’t need to moisturize again out of the shower.